WELLINGTON COMMUNITY DEFIBRILLATOR
Situated on the wall to the right of Wellington Village Shop entrance
The defibrillator is ready to pick up and go, and is designed for anyone to use in an emergency.
- Grasp each side of the cabinet near the top and pull the transparent door firmly towards you. There is no key code.
- The door will drop towards you and downwards. A loud intermittent alarm will sound. Remove the defibrillator. Then please lift and replace the door, this will stop the alarm.
- The instructions are printed on the defibrillator. When you open the lid an automatic voice will give you step by step instructions.
- If you are unsure whether the defibrillator is needed or not, fetch it anyway. Once the pads are in place, the automatic voice will advise.
- If the defibrillator is used, please let us know immediately after the incident so that the machine can be cleaned and the pads renewed
At night there is a flashing light to guide you to the cabinet. The light is not an indication that the unit is malfunctioning. You may also hear a whirring sound. Again, this doesn’t indicate a problem. The defibrillator has to be kept at an ambient temperature so that it is always ready for use. So in summer a fan may operate, and in winter the cabinet may be heated.
If the shop defibrillator is absent from the cabinet for any reason, there is another situated on the front of the football club pavilion. The cabinet is not locked. Access is via the gate to the right of the bowls club. This gate may be locked in school hours, in which case the secretary can give access. If football or training is in progress the double gate for car access to the playing fields is open.
ALWAYS PHONE 999 BEFORE SENDING FOR THE DEFIBRILLATOR SO THAT PROFESSIONAL HELP WILL BE ON THE WAY
Richard and Lyn Bavin 01432 830168 or 07792 298271